For our 135th Anniversary AND National Rose Month, Chris Norwood makes a modern arrangement using red roses and peonies!
Our 135th Birthday was June 7, 2021! Chris Norwood shares a beautiful red rose arrangement on GMA using our $18.86 roses that are on special until June 30, 2021!
Howard Hurst, President, joins THV11’s the Vine to showcase some of our top selling Mother’s Day arrangments, plants and gift baskets, perfect for last-minute gift-giving.
Mamie’s Blooms of Hope, Ms. Gernice, Ms. Alfreda, and the Arkansas Made Basket.
Chris Norwood, Vice President shares some great Mother’s Day gift-giving tips on KATV’s Good Morning Arkansas.
March showers bring spring flowers! One of our brides requested a bridal bouquet made from fresh-cut jonquils she foraged herself. Follow along with Chris Norwood to learn how to build your own spring bloom bouquet.
Tips on bouquet making:
- Don’t use any flower that has a bent stem. The flowers won’t drink water after the stem has been bent. If the stem is broken, you can use a straw to stabilize the stem.
- Create the bouquet’s form by gathering one main variety loosely in the shape you would like.
- Add in the other varieties of floral to fill the inside of the bouquet.
- Use a filler flower such as baby’s breath or greenery to fill in the holes between flowers.
- Tie off the bouquet with a ribbon to hold the stems together.
Currently fighting that “over it” feeling when it comes to party planning? Us too. One year into the pandemic, we’re in desperate need of fresh ideas. Fortunately, we have inspiration and the easy-to-follow tips you’ll need to (sham)rock your spring festivities, starting with St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Go for the gold. Warmer temperatures mean one thing: unlimited outdoor gatherings. Set the stage for an Instagram-worthy celebration with a rainbow balloon arch — pots of gold optional — or garlands of green and gold balloons.
2. Green light color. Avoid pinches by weaving St. Patrick’s Day’s signature color throughout your decor with stylish paper plates, disposable patterned table runners and seasonal arrangements from our spring collection or with our Wednesday BOGO flowers.
3. Focus on the fare. Skip the communal dishes and opt for Irish-inspired (and COVID-19 compliant) food like pre-packaged servings of Shepherd’s pie, corned beef sliders or individual charcuterie boards.
4. Sweeten the pot. Treat your attendees with on-theme party favors, such as potted shamrocks, mini floral arrangements, colorful bath bombs or Arkansas-made Kyya chocolate bars tied with green ribbons.
5. Lead the way. Before the outdoor celebrations begin, invite your friends to deck out their cars, bikes or golf carts to create your own neighborhood version of Hot Springs’ iconic World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Whether you choose to chase the rainbow (balloons) or do an Irish jig, give yourself the green light to go all out for St. Patrick’s Day this year. For more ideas and seasonal decor, stop by one of our stores.
Says Howard Hurst, president and CEO of Central Arkansas florist Tipton & Hurst, “Valentine’s is an old holiday. I mean, like, Victorian era — that was huge, all the love letters. It’s nothing new. Mother’s Day is new; Valentine’s Day is much older. And giving flowers, humans have done this for a long time. So, they are not a new commodity to be sold, by any means.
“This is something that God gave us a long time ago.”
Though not as old as Valentine’s Day, Tipton & Hurst has been in existence an impressive 135 years and has helped Arkansans celebrate it as many times.
Read more here: http://arkansaslivingmagazine.com/article/coming-up-roses-arkansas-florists-deliver-beauty-and-bliss/
We are honored to be named the best florist of 2020 by Little Rock Soiree Recommends: Platinum Service Awards!
Read more: https://www.littlerocksoiree.com/post/134145/soire-recommends-platinum-service-awards-2021
Shop our holiday collection or grab some fresh loose flowers to make your own un-fir-gettable arrangement. We would love to help you with both. Read more in this blog by Inviting Arkansas!
We are so humbled to be named AY’s Best Florist of 2020! Thank you to all of our customers for continuously choosing us for all life’s occasions!
Watch Vice President Chris Norwood’s appearance on Good Morning Arkansas as he demonstrates how to create a beautiful, spring floral arrangement.
At Home in Arkansas magazine recently featured a husband-and-wife homebuilder team that created the perfect kitchen for entertaining.
In their latest masterpiece (located in Hot Springs, Arkansas), a Mediterranean style lakeside villa built in 2011, the kitchen is a hard-working showcase ideal for entertaining.
We were honored to provide the floral arrangements for the photoshoot, and you can see the full feature here: http://athomearkansas.com/article/mediterranean-masterpiece-0
Vice President Chris Norwood demonstrated how to make a green and gold arrangement for St. Patrick’s Day on Good Morning Arkansas.
The St. Patrick’s Day floral design included daffodils, gold-wire shamrock picks and dianthus balls.
Watch the full video here: http://www.katv.com/clip/11241393/floral-design-new-table-arrangement
Vice President Chris Norwood demonstrated how to create a gorgeous, tall arrangement on KATV’s Good Morning Arkansas.
The design includes yellow budding forsynthia branches, iris, tulips, hyacinth, dianthus balls and lily grass, and it is a part of our 2015 Spring Collection.
Watch the video here: http://www.katv.com/clip/11213446/spring-floral-arrangement
Or purchase the arrangement at http://shop.tiptonhurst.com/little-rock-flowers/spring-splendor-578296p.asp?rcid=349722&point=1
Watch the video here: http://www.katv.com/clip/11179501/chris-makes-a-new-centerpiece
Vice President Chris Norwood gave several gift ideas for Valentine’s Day on Good Morning Arkansas.
His recommendations included:
– A Dozen Roses
– “Vintage Valentine” package of a dozen roses, chocolates and a plush animal
– “Lil’ Sweetie” arrangement which is perfect for a child
– “Fun Love” arrangement which includes a small box of chocolates, also perfect for a child
– “Orchid Simplicity” arrangement in a heart-shaped vase
– Classic red tulips
– “Sweet Love” arrangement
– “Always and Forever Love” premium arrangements
– Gift baskets
See the full video here: http://www.katv.com/clip/11121781/floral-ideas-from-tipton-hurst
Tipton & Hurst was recently featured in the Valentine Gift Guide article on the popular fashion blog AJ Wears Clothes.
When listing the best presents to give for Valentine’s Day, Tipton & Hurst was the only florist mentioned:
“Flowers are always the ultimate Valentine, and now that Tipton Hurst has joined The Promenade, it’s easier than ever to pick up a bouquet. They have cash & carry in store, or you can order ahead of time and pick up – or better yet, have them deliver! They also have an impressive selection of gift baskets.”
Read the full article here.
Vice President Chris Norwood demonstrated how to create a vertical Valentine arrangement on Good Morning Arkansas.
The design included larkspur, seeded eucalyptus, bells of Ireland, gerber daisies, lily grass and shiny red heart picks.
Watch the full video here: http://www.katv.com/clip/11117559/diy-valentines-arrangement
On Tuesday, January 13th, Asa Hutchinson was inaugurated as the governor of Arkansas. That evening, the “A New Day in Arkansas Inaugural Ball” honored the new governor and first lady of our state. Tipton & Hurst was asked to design the floral arrangements for the event.
Shayla Copas, of Shayla Copas Interiors, served as the designer of the Arkansas Inaugural Ball. As featured in At Home Arkansas, Shayla shares her experience in planning and preparing for the big event, and here’s what she had to say about Tipton & Hurst:
As I do for many of the soirees I design, I first met with my “dream team,” the key players, whom I knew could bring their awesome talents to the project.
First up? Chris Norwood, Vice President of Tipton and Hurst Florist. Chris is a good and longtime friend, and his incredible floral designs have graced many a gala in our state. To give you a little background on Chris, he is a floral genius who has served as National President of the American Floral Institute of Floral Designers and, in the past, as their CEO and chairman. Last year, Chris was given the prestigious honor of being named as a fellow of the organization. Locally, you can catch Chris most Tuesday mornings on KATV sharing with Central Arkansans his brilliant floral design ideas.
See the full feature and photos here.